Wordfence starts by checking if your site is already infected. We do a deep server-side scan of your source code comparing it to the Official WordPress repository for core, themes and plugins. Then Wordfence secures your site and makes it up to 50 times faster.
Wordfence Security is 100% free. We also offer a Premium API key that gives you access to our premium support ticketing system at support.wordfence.com along with two factor authentication via SMS, country blocking and the ability to schedule scans for specific times.
You can find our official documentation at docs.wordfence.com and our Frequently Asked Questions on our support portal at support.wordfence.com. We are also active in our community support forums on wordpress.org if you are one of our free users.
This is a brief introductory video for Wordfence:
The following video is an introduction to Falcon Engine, the new caching engine included in Wordfence 5 which will make your site up to 50 times faster
than a standard WordPress installation.
Wordfence Security is now Multi-Site compatible and includes Cellphone Sign-in which permanently secures your website from brute force hacks.
- Includes Falcon Engine, the fastest WordPress caching engine available today. Falcon is faster because it reduces your web server disk and database activity to a minimum.
- Includes support for other major plugins and themes like WooCommerce.
- Real-time blocking of known attackers. If another site using Wordfence is attacked and blocks the attacker, your site is automatically protected.
- Sign-in using your password and your cellphone to vastly improve login security. This is called Two Factor Authentication and is used by banks, government agencies and military world-wide for highest security authentication.
- Includes two-factor authentication, also referred to as cellphone sign-in.
- Scans for the HeartBleed vulnerability - included in the free scan for all users.
- Wordfence includes two caching modes for compatability and has cache management features like the ability to clear the cache and monitor cache usage.
- Enforce strong passwords among your administrators, publishers and users. Improve login security.
- Scans core files, themes and plugins against WordPress.org repository versions to check their integrity. Verify security of your source.
- Includes a firewall to block common security threats like fake Googlebots, malicious scans from hackers and botnets.
- Block entire malicious networks. Includes advanced IP and Domain WHOIS to report malicious IP's or networks and block entire networks using the firewall. Report security threats to network owner.
- See how files have changed. Optionally repair changed files that are security threats.
- Scans for signatures of over 44,000 known malware variants that are known security threats.
- Scans for many known backdoors that create security holes including C99, R57, RootShell, Crystal Shell, Matamu, Cybershell, W4cking, Sniper, Predator, Jackal, Phantasma, GFS, Dive, Dx and many many more.
- Continuously scans for malware and phishing URL's including all URL's on the Google Safe Browsing List in all your comments, posts and files that are security threats.
- Scans for heuristics of backdoors, trojans, suspicious code and other security issues.
- Checks the strength of all user and admin passwords to enhance login security.
- Monitor your DNS security for unauthorized DNS changes.
- Rate limit or block security threats like aggressive crawlers, scrapers and bots doing security scans for vulnerabilities in your site.
- Choose whether you want to block or throttle users and robots who break your security rules.
- Includes login security to lock out brute force hacks and to stop WordPress from revealing info that will compromise security.
- See all your traffic in real-time, including robots, humans, 404 errors, logins and logouts and who is consuming most of your content. Enhances your situational awareness of which security threats your site is facing.
- Real-time traffic includes reverse DNS and city-level geolocation. Know which geographic area security threats originate from.
- Monitors disk space which is related to security because many DDoS attacks attempt to consume all disk space to create denial of service.
- Wordfence Security for multi-site also scans all posts and comments across all blogs from one admin panel.
- WordPress Multi-Site (or WordPress MU in the older parlance) compatible.
- Premium users can also block countries and schedule scans for specific times and a higher frequency.
Wordfence Security is full-featured and constantly updated by our team to incorporate the latest security features and to hunt for the
newest security threats to your WordPress website.